Here are a few tips for creating one of your own.
(2) 5x7" Book Board Covers
(2) 1.25 x 2" Book Board Spines
(2) 5 x 9" Outside Covers
(1) 3.5 x 9" Outside Spine Wrap
(1) 11.25 x 6.75" Inside Cover Wraps
(12) 9.5 x 6.75" Inside Pages
(12) 20" Pieces Waxed Linen Thread
Bookbinding Glue & Foam brush
Grid Ruler & Craft Knife
Piercing Awl & Stitching Cradle
Needle for Waxed Linen
Align the top and bottom edges of the spine boards with the covers to create a window in the spine. Adhere the outside cover wraps, and cut an "x" into the window with a craft knife.
Adhere the flaps to the inside cover and burnish with a bone folder. Disguise any remaining exposed book board with a black marker.
Temporarily place the inside spine cover in place, trace the location of the window onto the spine cover, and cut an opening slightly larger than the marked area.
Adhere the inside cover.
Fold the inside pages in half and pierce stitching holes 2" from the top and bottom edges of each crease. Thread the needle with waxed linen and follow these steps to stitch a page:
1. Enter the bottom pierced hole from the inside of the page, leaving a 6" tail.
2. Exit the page and go through the window in the spine.
3. Bring the thread around the bottom of the window and bottom edge of the page, and exit the same stitching hole.
4. Enter the top stitching hole from the outside of the book cover to the inside of the page.
5. Bring the thread around the top of the book cover, through the window and back into the top stitching hole.
6. Remove all slack in the thread.
7. Tie a knot and trim excess thread tails.
Repeat stitching process for a total of twelve signatures.
Thanks for taking the time to view a little paradise here on my craft table. Next on this marvelous hop is the talented Deb at Deb Duz Scrappin'.